Please use your Back button on your browser to return to previous page.
March 12, 2009
Meeting called to order at 2pm.
Order of business was adopted; February minutes adopted.
President Report was sent electronically. Questions about
items in it can be addressed directly to Margaret Wong or at the monthly
MACER report: Susan McPherson
- V.P. Emmons reported that data projectors will be
installed in classrooms 310S, 312S, 410S, 414S, CSC200 over the March
- He also reported that the Loop road will begin
construction in March, 2009.
- The North Wing project will begin soon.
- V.P. Toney reminded faculty to submit E-5 forms which were
due February 15. She requested that faculty send interim grades and
attendance sheets in a timely fashion as well.
- This reminder sparked a discussion about progress/interim
grades. They are not contractually required, but faculty are urged to
send them. If a faculty member is ordered to turn in progress grades, the
faculty member is advised to do so and then file a grievance.
- VP Toney stated that reassigned time list is on reserve in
- VP Toney stated that she has received complaints about the
adjunct faculty office on the 3rd floor of the Administration Building. Specifically, faculty are reserving space for their own use. She
stated that no adjunct may claim space for his or her own use. That room
is equal access for all adjuncts. She will ask the Deans to monitor the
- Email the HELP desk if you are in a computer classroom and
the toner is low. They will take care of the issue.
UPPC Committee make-up: Unit Personnel
Practices Committee (making recommendations for tenure decisions for faculty
and professional staff)
- Motion from the Executive Committee that UPPC candidates
should have tenure to serve on that committee.
- Motion to move this question to the By-Laws Committee to
be examined. Motion carried.
Cost Savings Options:
- Early Retirement Incentives: discussion.
- Motion: Oppose going forward with dialog about ERI and
the college. Motion defeated.
- Motion: go forward with discussion of ERI with the
college. Friendly amendment: open discussion only if we can also discuss
backfilling those positions vacated by retirement. Amendment passed.
- Motion: Talk to the college about ERI and the dialog will
include backfilling positions vacated by retirement. Motion carried.
Discussion of President Carberry’s response to the
- Comments were distributed via email prior to the QCCPA
- Motion: write a letter to President Carberry to let her
know we are disappointed with her response.
- Table the motion.
Meeting officially adjourned at 3pm.